Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2008

And Back Again....


It's been a little while since the last blog. It's amazing how fast you start to forget about your New Year's Resolutions and start to get lazy and eat poorly again. For me I started the New Year out strong, but quickly started exercising less and less. Luckily the group running keeps me moving 3 days a week, so that's not bad, but you start to get bored doing the same thing over and over again. This past week I took a day off and it felt pretty good. The rain forced me to do the elliptical machine at the gym today and it felt excellent to do something different. I am going to go to my calendar after finishing this and schedule in a workout class next week. They usually have something worthwhile at 4pm. I can get out of work a little early once next week. The week after is the Great Aloha Run on Monday and then that very next weekend is the Swamp Romp. It's crazy that they are the same week, but it will be nice to finally run the races. It's been quite a while since I've done any distance running because the weather has been terrible. We've been able to get in the three mile run on Saturday mornings, but I think it's been three weeks (maybe more) since I did the 6. I guess I have to run 8 this weekend. Then Ananda and I have scheduled a post-run-bitch-about-work walk.
The eating hasn't gotten too bad luckily. It's partially because we don't have the extra money to eat out or get a whole lot of snacks. We have splurged on some fun expensive mushrooms and some kind of button squash that Nate really enjoys, but not as much ice cream and stuff. The superbowl party this past weekend threw me off a little, but not as badly as it could have. It was a lot of good food, but because it was just the one day that I ate that much it didn't hurt too bad. I did gain a pound.
This past week two of our friends got into a really bad car accident. One of them broke his neck and thank the lord, is still alive. The other one, who is like a brother to Nate and I broke a bunch of ribs and smashed up his face. It's crazy that something like that can happen to someone close to you. Again, I just thank God that they're alive right now. When you look at the car you wonder how that's possible. It's a reminder to live life to the fullest and appreciate every moment. Tell your family and friends you love them and don't part ways with hateful words. Think about what you really want in life and go get it.

My goals for the week:
Saturday- distance run in the morning
Sunday- hike if the weather's not crappy
Monday (or Wednesday or both)- 4:00pm class
Tuesday- group run
Thursday- group run
Saturday- short run

Weight goal- stop gaining, get back down to 135 and hold steady
Pushups- Monday and Friday

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

Your doing the Swamp Romp?