Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

To Journal or Not To Journal?

Okay, so I've lost a lot of weight.  I'm at 133.  I'm keeping my goal at 125, but I'm pretty pleased to be where I'm at.  I know that food journaling had a lot to do with it and I'm sad that I was a skeptic for so long.  The only problem with journaling is that I hate doing it.  And because I hate it, I haven't been doing it recently.  So my question is how to make journaling a little easier, now that I'm on a roll.  How do I keep motivated?  I guess the answer is that it's not easy and that's why it works?  So just keep doing it.  Darn it, I hate it when I'm right, cause usually that means more effort.  I'm going to go pull the old journal out and write down what I ate this morning.  Another reason journaling works, I have to document the McDonald's breakfast, which is never a really smart choice.

2 comments:

Serrissa said...

i need some motivation! So unmotivated I can't even explain.
I think it's important to write it down for the day but I don't think it's important to keep it! So basically it sucks, but I used to write it anywhere, on a post it, napkin, where ever I could and then tossed it at the end of the day. some times I would have multiple little pieces of paper. It's annoying when you have to break out a notebook, but not so annoying if you write it where ever the hell you want. dry erase markers on the bathroom mirror, white board in the kitchen, post it note by your desk at work, etc.

Unknown said...

Hey! Pull your shit together. Go do something, anything. You are not a lazy person and you feel better when you move around. I can't tell you how, you're going to have to figure it out. I know it sucks and it's hard, but you will not be happy with yourself if you let yourself get really out of shape. Start walking, sister.
Oh, and you're right I guess I don't really need to keep it. Maybe I'll start writing it down on scrap papers instead of giving myself the excuse that I can't find my journal.