Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

That was then, this is now

I already did a very long blog on myspace but I wanted to also post something here. It's been a long year with a lot of changes. I learned a lot about food and being healthy through hours and hours of research and reading. I went through a lot of clothes because I was so excited to lose weight that I kept buying them and kept losing more weight and buying more. Which benefited Mary for a little while then they didn't fit her because she lost so much weight.

Today is Jan 1, 2008 and it's been exactly a year since I started eating differently and I feel and look great. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to run the numerous miles I ran without Mary. One, because I hate doing things alone and two she always showed up even when she didn't feel like it. There were many days we didn't feel like it. We pushed ourselves and it paid off. We have made it to a point that we would never look back. We changed physically and I know I changed who I was and who I want to be.


Last year at this time I weighted 147 pounds and today I weight 118.5. During 2008 I plan to run harder and faster, I plan to keep eating well and working out. I want to start toning my body some more and challenging myself more. I want to find a way to balance work, school and exercise. I want to run a half marathon.

I also want everyone to know that they too can reach their goals. Even though 28 pounds may be a lot for some to lose, for others it's not. I think everyone can take the steps to become who they want and look the way they want. Hold yourself to your goals and they will be accomplished.

Today Jan 1 2008

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you're wearing the same swimsuit top in both. It really shows how much weight you did lose. Cause you looked pretty great at the beginning of last year. Now you just look super-hot. I can't wait to see us, New Year's 2009.

Serrissa said...

Yeah I tried to find the same shorts but I think I packed them with the summer stuff. My boobs lost a lot of weight. Ha they were so freakishly big.