Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

New Goals for April

It's always hard when there are big changes in your life to stick with your healthy lifestyle. I just started a new job with the DOE and as I was preparing to leave my other job, my whole healthy lifestyle fell apart. I began eating a lot of fatty food, plenty of carbs and dessert every night. These are all things that I had moved away from for a long time. One of the things that I think will help me from going too far off track is the fact that I weigh myself regularly. I noticed that I have gained 5 pounds. It's amazing how fast they pile on compared to how slowly they melt off. Anyway, 140 is not good. I need to start paying attention again. Honestly, that's the hardest part. To remember during a stressful day that healthy living is important. I bought Nate and I new lunch boxes, and have gotten back to making lunch. While mom was visiting we stopped making a weekly dinner chart, but we're getting back to that, too.
Paddling started back up yesterday, but it seems like we're going to be doing a lot of more distance type training, so we're not really getting our heart rates up too much. I'm going to have to supplement with some running in between. That's easy if I can get back into throwing on my sneakers when I walk Titus. Doing some quick sprints with him is a good quick workout and I can fit that in once or twice a day.
Today is April 3 and I would like to lose at least 2 pounds this next week. That would put me at 138 by April 11 (I'll make it a Friday to even out my week.)
I'm trying to remember to just set a simple goal for the week and to stick with it.

Goals:
Remember to bring water bottle to work every day.
No drinking (alcohol).
Weekly dinner chart.
Pack lunch every day this week.
Lose 2 lbs by April 11th.
Friday- Paddling, Saturday- Paddling, Sunday- Quick Run, Monday- Paddling, Tuesday- Paddling, Wednesday- Paddling, Thursday- Off, Friday- Paddling

Check in on April 11th.

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

Sounds good, I have been going up and down lately too. I totally bailed on my 10K, didn't even go. I am up 5 pounds too. Josh and I got some healthy stuff so we can drop a few pounds. The weather was very nice this weekend. I have been walking with my friend for 2 hours or so. No running, she is pregnant. It is easy to gain and hard to lose, but that is why we get on the scale so we know, it's time to get our asses in gear. Hope the new job is going well.