Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Pre-season

Our first pre-season paddling race was yesterday. It seemed really long, but I guess that's why they call it long distance. It was okay, it was an ironman 6 mile race starting at Ke`ehi Lagoon, out and around a buoy and back. In the boat sat Keissa, me, Debby, Ananda, Katie and Joanna steered. It was a beautiful day so we just enjoyed the paddling. We are doing the same race, same course next weekend. Hopefully it won't feel as long as this one did. I started to lose my voice towards the end, sitting in seat 2. I was pretty exhausted when I got home.
Today I went for a run. Well, I started at 12:00, in the very middle of the day so it was a little hot. I tried to do the loop from home, but only made it to Aala Dr. That's 4.76 miles (I calculated it) I ended up walking three times because it was so hot and humid. It felt good to get out and run though. Especially since practices have seemed so sluggish and slow. I have been continuing to weigh myself and I'm down to a steady 138. I've been replacing my carbs with more vegetables and protein, which helps me feel full. Unfortunately Nate bought Peanut Butter Cup flavored frozen Klondike bars. Damn they're good. I can't resist after dinner. But I think I can lose those pesky three pounds in another two weeks and then start on the 5 that I originally wanted to lose. It would be great to get to 130. Then I would just need to maintain. I think physically it would be possible to get down to 125, but I think that would involve giving up lovely things like peanut butter cup flavored Klondike bars. Who wants to live like that? Certainly not me.

Goals:
Continue bringing water bottle and lunch to work.
Attempt to not eat ice cream one night this week.
Continue replacing carbs with veggies and protein.

Monday- paddling, Tuesday- KCC strength training, Wednesday- paddling, Thursday- off, Friday- paddling, Saturday- race, Sunday- run/hike/lift.

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

so i checked out some of your pictures on your picasa account. The ones from Angela's wedding.
Is that you!?
You come a long way! When was that?