Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

On a Roll!

Holy Crap, I actually asked myself this morning, looking at my progress, if I could break the 130 barrier and get to 129 in the month of July.  And I think the answer is yes! I haven't been under 130 since Freshman year of college.  And that's cause I was playing Lacrosse 2 hours every day and I was lifting weights, and running to cross train.  I cannot believe how eating healthy makes such a difference.  I mean, that feels like a stupid thing to say because, of course eating healthy will help you stay at a healthy weight.  For some reason I feel like now I really do believe it and before I was just saying the words with everyone else.
So the goal for this week, to my unbelieving amazement is to get to 129.  That's only a 2 lb loss.  Which at this point is more realistic now that I am closer to my goal weight.
The other incredible thing that continues to amaze me, is how I am not hungry.  I am eating way less than I used to, but because the food is enriching, and I am eating less more often (ELMO), I am not hungry.  And not in an eating disorder type of way.  In a "I just ate two hours ago and I'll have my next snack before I feel starving" kind of way.  Because I have been paying attention to my body I have a much better feeling for whether I am actually hungry, or thirsty, or just want something to crunch on.  Having something crunchy in my lunch box has been a great technique.  At the 2:00 mark, when I am bored, and school is over, and I'm not hungry, but I want to eat, I can grab whatever crunchy snack I brought, because for me bored = crunchy snack.  I have been trying to make sure I have baby carrots or pretzels.  One time I brought celery, but that wasn't that delicious.  Grapes worked okay on a day that I didn't have crunchy, but I found myself eating much more because I was craving that crunch.
Anyway, I'm feeling awesome today, I'm feeling in control.  Which is good since I don't have much control over other stuff, like finances and doggy healing. 

2 comments:

Serrissa said...

Good Job!!! Crunchy. ha nice. I haven't been under 130 for about a month now. It's frustrating because I use to go between 123-126 and I thought that was a jump now I got from 130-135 and I don't like that because before a month ago I was under 130 since Sept of 2007

謝雅柏 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................