Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Losing Weight Rocks


Month 8 is coming to a close since my new year's resolution and I have more then met my goals. I have lost 22 pounds since Jan 1, '07. I figured if I could do it for half a year then the rest of the year would be easy. Well, let me tell you there isn't anything easy about it, but it does get easier but lets never call it easy.
I learned how to control my weight strictly through calorie counting. The workouts and exercise are very helpful but I realized they aren't necessary to maintain weight but are VERY necessary to remain fit and healthy.
I was unable to exercise in a while and got a little scared that I wouldn't be able to maintain my weight, that didn't happen but I did quickly and easily get lazy and tired without it.
I realized the best ways to stay active are to set goals and find people to set goals with. Working out together is so much better then working out alone. You don't have to do the entire workout with someone but starting together helps.
I have a great group of friends that I started running with a while back and at first we would run at the pace of the slowest person because that was easy. It was great when one of us didn't feel like running because we can all run slowly. Well that was when we were jogging not running. After a while we just started together but each of us found our own pace that improved over time and then we began running. It was much better and felt good at the end and if you didn't finish first you wanted too and you ran faster next time.
I hit up Bally's Total Fitness twice now and look forward to working in so exercise time once I get on schedule.
In the last year or so I seen lots of my friends lose so much weight. It's amazing to see them and how hard they have worked. Mary, Teri and Janet, you guys rock!! Keep it up. Mary I love the new blog were we can post and talk about eating healthy, drinking wine, and being active. It was a great idea.
I weighed in today at 125 pounds and was in Old Navy and bought a small button up shirt, which is amazing that I can buy a button up shirt and be so comfortable. Losing weight in my boobs have definitely put those suckers in the wrong place but have made it easier for me to clothes shop and buy cuter things without feeling like I am busting out of them.
I body is still very soft and not very tone, but I am going to change that by starting to weight lift when I can especially in my legs and abs. They need some extra attention.
Well all I think next years resolution will have to be a good one to top this one. Maybe I will run a marathon. I still need to do another half marathon before I hit that up. Once I can complete a half marathon at a decent time and not feeling like I want to die then I will move up.
For those of you working on being fit, losing weight and eating right, keep up the good work and don't get side tracked. Stay focused and it will be worth it.
Oh yeah that's my new home up on the left there.

No comments: