Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Update on Weight Loss and Fitness

Weight- 140
I was just reading through my old blog. That was a really awesome tool to help me lose weight. It helped me keep track of my goals and I have succesfully gotten myself to a really healthy weight. Somebody actually asked me the other day if I had gotten my stomach stapled. Of course that person doesn't realize that you have to be morbidly obese to really consider that kind of a procedure, it was someone who has known me for just about a year. I know I am going to be able to keep the weight off if I just continue to eat pretty healthy- which for me is still less refined carbs, and less carbs in general, plus I've cut out table sugar and ranch dressing. Drinking only water and diet pepsi has helped a lot. I have to watch out for the days when I start drinking a lot of alcohol, I tend to go in cycles with that. Last week I had wine several times in a row and for me that is a sign that I need to be careful. I'll start drinking every night again. Plus, I really try to stay away from beer. I can really pack in a lot of beers before I feel full, but I can only drink a little wine. I always try to remember the fact that I actually enjoy being clear headed, so I don't want to drink more than one glass.

I have gotten down to 140 and actually the scale has gone below 140 on several occasions. Of course, that's usually right after paddling practice, so it's mostly just water weight. I have been feeling pretty healthy. Our paddling regatta season ended last weekend in Kauai, at the states races. My Novice A crew came in 3rd behind Waikiki Beach Boys who paddled an unreal 4:03 or something like that, and Puna, who was right in front of us. We were behind them by about 3 seconds. Our time was just over a 4:18.

This past week we started long distance season. I didn't realize how different the practices were going to be. The first practice we just did triangles. A lot of them. The two next practices were pretty hard, just a lot of paddling, back and forth, without much rest. This morning we did tractor pulls again, and I did a time of 3:33. I can't remember if I beat my time from regatta season, but it's a pretty good time. Some people did 3:15 and Heather did a 3:11. Pretty awesome.

Tonight was also the Kailua Canoe Club banquet. Tayte got the outstanding paddler award for our team, I was not surprised, she's very good. Joanna also got an award for being awesome and being so consistent and motivated even though she didn't get to race this season. She totally deserved it as well. I took some pictures, they didn't come out that great, it was kind of a half-assed effort at photography tonight. When I got home Nate took some pictures of me, cause I didn't get any of me in my banquet outfit, which I thought was pretty cute.

Goals for this upcoming week:
Running Sunday with Joanna, Paddling Monday, Paddling Tuesday, Running Wednesday on my own, Paddling Thursday, Friday morning run with Ananda and Denby, Saturday practice, Sunday race and practice afterwards. Hmmmm, maybe need to take Wednesday off, might be too much.
Weight goal: scale to stay below 140 next week Saturday. (It's been wavering, going up and down)

(I've invited people to post on this blog, mostly so I feel a responsibility to stick to my goals. I would love it if people would actually join in, so feel free. If I did not invite you to blog, but you would like to, post a comment with your email address and I'll give you posting capabilities.)

6 comments:

Serrissa said...

This blog makes you sound like a drunk! You'll be down to 135 in no time. A couple 20 miles races and you're there. I haven't done shit, but walk the dogs and eat good. i went to the Oliva Garden and didn't have any breadsticks or pasta (which is kinda hard) and they thought I was strange.
Once I move into my new place I am going to get on a schedule with going to the gym. The rec center at the college is very nice. I am going to check out the Yoga class schedule.

Serrissa said...

Oh yeah I wanted to say that I have a picture of you by that waterfall I think in the same shirt. Once my computer is here I will send it over because you look way different. Did you get your stomach stabled?!?

Arin said...

Uh, I'm with Myia - were you drunk while typing this or did your cut and paster go crazy?
Arin

Unknown said...

I just reread the blog, I didn't realize that it was all crazy. I thought Myia was just commenting on the part about the wine. I will go back and edit this so it makes sense!

Unknown said...

I just reread this blog! I totally thought Myia was making a comment about where I was talking about wine, but the editor totally screwed up my blog. I'll go back and edit it, so it makes some sense!

Unknown said...

Okay, fixed the top, I don't know what happened, but a whole random section of the blog had been moved to the top and made the whole beginning make no sense at all. It is now where it should be.