Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Back in Action

Last night was the first night that I was able to do a workout without being extra gentle on my toe. It felt great! It makes such a difference when you get a good workout in. I feel so much better about myself today. I don't think I backtracked, but I may have. I did not eat well this week. I am usually more active and when I sit around I tend to snack. I had a really hard time. I also had a two day training and they fed us, buffet-style both days. I did my best, I filled the plate with salad, didn't use their dressings, I just put a little salt on my salad. I did however, feel the need to have soup because they had the A/C on full blast and it was cold. And of course I sampled most of the meat selections they had because it was a pretty fancy place. So it could have been worse, but it was not my best. Oh, also they had ice cream. Again, I did okay because I put the ice cream in a cup instead of their big bowls, but I never eat ice cream for lunch!
So I'm starting over basically, today. I ate a good breakfast that should keep me full til snack time. I packed good sized snacks and Nate and I made a menu for the week. Tonight it's homemade pizza. We bought the little single serving pizza crusts and we're going to add all kinds of ingredients. I like that they are single serving instead of one big one because Nate can add whatever he wants and I can put all vegetables and less cheese and sauce.
My goal is to get back on track for my Tuesday weigh in. That means walking the dogs on the beach tomorrow morning and possibly Sunday as well. I'll try to go for an extended period of time. Maybe I'll get Ananda to do a second walk with me during the day.
I need to plan my snacks and lunch on Saturday and Sunday, drink lots of water, and I should be good to go.

2 comments:

Serrissa said...

hey you know what is good instead of getting pizza crust. My friend used the whole wheat pita and put the sauce on their and all the toppings so it lowers the calories becuase the whole wheat pita is lower in calories then any pizza crust. It's really good, we make them in the toaster oven with ground turkey and cheese and onions of whatever you want to put on them. My friend makes them way better than i do. And it's like a thin crispy crust with the pita. I bet it would be fine with white pita bread too and that would still probably be less calories then pizza crust.

Unknown said...

That's what we usually do. I like the pizzas that way. We had bought these pizza crusts a long time ago and they were sitting in the freezer. They weren't that great. Next time we'll do the pitas or they now have a pizza dough that you bake with the pizza made by Pillsbury's. I think it would be much tastier than the crust I had yesterday. And you can make it as thin as you like.