Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Chocolate Pie

The broken toe was a small setback this week, but I think I recovered pretty quickly. I mean, it's not healed, but I didn't just become a lazy sack either. Thursday I did a DVD home video workout that was pretty good for what I had available. I sweat a little anyway and was a little sore the next day because there was some ballet moves on one DVD that I certainly am not used to. On Saturday I had to skip tennis, I don't think my toe could handle it. But I did another home kickboxing workout. Lots of situps, pushups, and shadow-boxing. I took Sunday off completely. Tonight I went to kickboxing class and found that it was surprisingly easy to be gentle to my toe. The kick that just looked and felt really wimpy was my front kick, but my partner knew about my toe. Anyway, I was feeling really good and came home and Nate offered me a freaking chocolate pie. You know, the store bought kind that will last on the shelf for 30 years, has the pudding in the middle? Yeah. So I split it with him and gave him the bigger half, but still, it was like 240 calories. It's amazing how you can work so hard and then eat 240 calories in, I'd say, about 3 bites.
I'm weighing in tomorrow morning. I'm not expecting any miracles. I didn't drink at all this week, but I didn't get to work out as hard as usual and had a couple of slip ups with some really sugary items.
This week I'm going to try to drink more water. For some reason I drank only about half of my water bottle every day and that's not enough. So more water.
I'm going to take tomorrow off to make sure I don't hurt my toe worse than it is and then Wednesday I'll make Nate walk on the beach with me. On Thursday I have kickboxing class. Hopefully the toe will be healing and I can consider Tennis. Otherwise I'm going to have to buy a workout DVD because the ones I have are not that great and I get bored when I make up my own workout.

No comments: