Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Excuses

So Monday night, after all my talk of emotional eating and such, we had a power outage and went to a friend's house to eat dinner, since they had power.  They were making pasta.  Now I am not one to be a pain in the ass, I wasn't going to ask them to make it paleo somehow.  They had put together this amazing meat and veggie sauce that was all chunky and delicious.  Now, I could have had just a small serving of the pasta with lots of chunky meat sauce and no bread.  Is that what happened?  No.  I devoured a ginormous bowl of pasta with 2 fat slices of bread with butter.  There was no real reason for me to be such a gluttinous pig, but I inhaled that stuff.  It's not like I had been ending a 30 day round of strict paleo and was indulging.  I just finished a 4 day stint of poor eating choices.  It makes you really wonder how addictive these food choices really are.  I had the fullest intention of eating paleo all day, and did until the power went out.  Funny how that works.  Oh yeah, and had ice cream and a twix bar on the way home.  Hmm. 
On a happier note yesterday and today I've eaten extremely well.  Plus yesterday was TKD.  I did 2 hours of it and am feeling the awesome soreness that comes from a hard workout.  I think I will be able to pick up some of the moves soon and not look like a total idiot. 

No comments: