Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Finding Balance

I have subscribed to Mark's Daily Apple blog for a long time.  I get email updates often.  Just the other day when I was feeling again, like I need some kind of help getting back to eating healthy, I read the email on tips to get yourself back to living primal.  It was perfect timing.  I have since then been sifting through the articles on that website and there is so much good information.  I am glad that I started this year with the Paleo Challenge, but have been struggling for a way to make it fit into my life without having the support of my NY crossfitter friends.  The fact that my husband doesn't eat primally and constantly has things like chips, cookies, ice cream, etc in the house make it difficult.  Especially on weekends.  I am going to start doing the PBF (Primal Blueprint Fitness) by Mark Sisson, again, at Mark's Daily Apple.  I am tempted to do another challenge, this time eating well, but not as strict, more 80/20 and following his plan of 2x a week play, 1x a week sprint, 2x a week LHT or WOW (Lift Heavy Things or Workout of the Week), and move slow for 3-5 hours a week and rest one of the days.  I like his idea of moving slow for 3 to 5 hours and only sprinting once a week.  I'm curious to see how this changes the way I feel, if at all.  Of course TKD is my play.  Hiking and walking the dogs and the beach will account for my moving slow.  I really would like to buy Vibrams.  I can't afford them right now though.  Maybe I'll ask for a pair for my birthday.  I can wait 2 months.  For now I'm going to do a lot more barefoot walking.  I am going to start running and hiking in vibrams when I can finally afford them.

No comments: