Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Back in Action

This weekend Ananda and I both rolled out of bed at 7:45 in the morning and met to run. The original plan was running Keolu Loop from her house and then to the YMCA where we would enjoy some relaxing yoga. We decided just to run the loop and then we drove over to the Y and did the yoga class. Kevin wasn't there, but the lady who usually covers for him (gets her left and right confused) was much better than usual. She was very upbeat and the class felt almost easy. After the class I felt how hard I had really worked. Particularly in my arms. They were so sore. It felt good to do some kind of cross training. Yesterday evening we met to do Lanikai Loop and let me tell you, give Ananda some techno music and she turns into a world-class sprinter. I gave her my mp3 player and we started running and all of a sudden Ananda was up in front of me. I kept checking my pace, like, am I running slow or is Ananda just kicking it in. I kept right behind her and just checked my pace every once in a while. Ananda ran the loop in 24:44 and I followed right behind with 24:47. This is only surprising because Ananda, who kicked my ass in the half-marathon after not running for weeks, usually has a much slower pace. Anyway, that's the fastest I've ever run the loop. It felt really good. Well, that is, after we started walking for a little while. We jogged to the Kalapawai Market after and then we did some pullups and pushups. Today I'm not sore at all.
Since I finally joined the gym I'm going to go to some kind of class this week, I'm thinking the 8:00am boot camp.
I've been drinking more water during the day and I can definitely feel the difference. I also am steady at 133. Have been for a while. I can't wait to do some kind of kick-ass cardio class and see how that affects the scale.

No comments: