Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2007

I ran a few times this week. I meant to go to a class on Thursday morning, but I didn't get motivated enough to go. I missed Wednesday's run with the girls, but ran Keolu Loop on my own on Thursday evening. On Friday Nate and I stayed in Waikiki at the Sharaton Kaiulani Hotel (thankyou Myia!). We ate dinner at the Pikake Terrace, it was an All you can eat Steak and Shrimp meal. So we ate so much that after dinner I thought I might puke or explode. We took complete advantage of the All You Can Eat aspect. During dinner there was a mediocre music and hula dancing show. It was pretty cute. In the morning we ate at the Pikake Terrace again, we had a coupon for the buffet breakfast (again, thankyou Myia). We again, ate until we thought we might puke and then laid out by the pool. It's funny taking a "vacation" in Waikiki, laying by the pool with the sound of traffic in the background when you have a perfectly good ocean beach a mile from your house. But it felt good to read and then doze off. After the nap we jumped into the pool which was too cold to actually want to stay and swim. We walked around Waikiki briefly and headed home.
This morning I was going to meet Ananda for a run (I had a feeling she was going to sleep in). I ended up running out to her house and then running the loop twice and ending at Aoloa St. I tried running with a bladder, the bag Myia gave me is really good. It was pretty heavy though and I definitely sweat a lot. I think it slowed me down a little. At the same time it was nice having water readily available. I may look into buying a pack made specifically for running that only has a pocket for the bladder and is made of lighter material. It was nice running a longer distance, I haven't done it in a while. After the first three miles I actually started to feel pretty good. The last half mile was killer though. I really wanted to stop. I need to start my runs earlier in the morning. By 9:30 it was already pretty damn hot and the sun was out full blast.

2 comments:

Serrissa said...

Love the maps. Looks like you guys been keeping busy. Do any hikes? I love the maps, that is cool. It's too damn cold to run outside here, but I like treadmill running so I am okay.
Weekends have been killing me with my sweet tooth. I haven't been able to control myself, then I have to bust my ass at the gym to make up for it.
I want Ananda to blog about her new diet. I didn't know she was on a diet. She was lookin good already with some weight lose.
Well I realized that by losing weight although good that it has cost me lots of money. I just put together about 10 pants shirts and really nice business attire I sent 100's of dollars on because they are too damn big. I took one suit jacket in to alter and it's costing me $38 F-that! Well I am paying for it but I am not altering anything else, just going to have to buy new. Sucks.
Anyhow sounds like you are doing good. Having water is great for long distance, maybe one of those water belts that we looked at in Fleetfeet would be good. Because you don't need that much water. That little one would be great, the one I first let you use for hiking. That is what I bought that one for originally.
But having something on my back stucks but I think the waist wouldn't be so bad. I think Denby has one, you should ask to borrow it to see if you like it.
Tell the ladies I say hello and keep you the good work.

Unknown said...

You know I use to run with a butt pack on, and I hated that it would twist on my waist, or it would bump up and down. It would have to be a really good water pack that didn't move around at all. I didn't really mind having something on my back all that much. I would want something smaller, like the bag you let me borrow back in the day, but with a really good strap to hold it in place. And then of course I would only put a little bit of water in the bag because water is pretty heavy. I was surprised how little it bothered me though, compared to how much the fanny pack would irritate me. The bag you gave me has great straps, so it stayed pretty secure, and I think for me that's going to be really important, because any movement starts to annoy me. Good work on your weight loss! It's worth the new clothes even if they're expensive! Plus, you can get away with having less clothes, you can buy some layering stuff and get away with mixing and matching the same old pieces.