Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Running

So we've been running for a few weeks now. It's feeling pretty good. I have to get new running sneakers soon. There has been a bunch of girls showing up to run on Mondays and Wednesdays. Karen, Helen, Denby, Jessica, and Ananda showed up yesterday too! It's really cool. I want to start upping the distance to 4 miles. I think after the running the loop a few times I'm feeling in shape enough to run the distance. I did not do 20 pushups last week, OOPS! I forgot I made that my goal. I did continue to drink more water. Stopping at the pullup bar has been good to focus me on doing more than just running and then going home and eating. We have been doing pullups and a few pushups and situps. My long-term goal for the end of this year is to get some nice abs, arms and legs. I lost a lot of weight this last year and now it's time to get some muscle. It's hard to make a goal that you can really say, yeah, my abs are nicer. I guess I want to be able to see my ab muscles by December 31.
Long-term goal- more muscles (that you can see) by December 31
Short-term goal for this week- Focus on smaller portion sizes for dinner.
Continue to hydrate and do pushups 2 times this week. (I'll say Wednesday and Saturday.)
I can't wait to hear Ananda's blog about her trip about healthy living where they fed her pastries for breakfast. She said she'd blog about it. I also want to hear this new diet that she's doing with her co-workers. It sounds hard, but if she sticks to it, I think she's gonna feel really strong and healthy. So, if Ananda doesn't blog soon let's all get on her!

1 comment:

Arin said...

That looks like an awesome run - and it must be so nice to run together!
My goal is to actually get to the gym at least three times a week - this new job is killing me and putting a huge cramp in my schedule. I took about a month off (yep) but am back as of Oct. 1.