Pages

Friday, October 19, 2007

Life is getting in the way

Went for a few runs since the last post, Ananda and I ran last Saturday morning at 8:30. We only did the loop, but it felt really hard. I think it was humid and neither of us was very stretched out or hydrated. Then we visited with Joanna for a while. We ran again on Monday, we did the loop and then we all ran to the Kalapawai Market, although I don't think anyone felt that great, then we did some pullups and pushups. Wednesday we parked over by the end of the beach towards Kalapawai market and ran out for 15 minutes and Ananda and I followed Denby on a circuit route back to our start point. A little over 3 miles. It seemed like a lot longer since I've never run that path before. Saturday morning we plan on running Keolu Loop and then possibly doing Yoga afterwards. I am looking forward to yoga. It's been a while.

Work has been pretty hectic. I can handle the actual amount of work, but I've been getting really frustrated with how things are run there again. Some days I love my job and other days I am so exhausted and just completely done with it. I know, Myia's going to comment and say, put your resume in at other places. I don't know why I can't bring myself to do that. I am very comfortable at this job. I know that. I am a little scared about leaving here and going somewhere else where there is even more work and the same type of environment. It's Hawaii, so there's always going to be a level of unethicality, and a crossing of boundaries and cliques. I guess it's probably like that everywhere.

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

Holy crap, I haven't read your blog in forever! Yeah you are right, send out the resume and you never know. You don't have to take any job. You'll know the right job, you'll get the feeling. If you don't get the feeling then don't take it.
People need change for growth, plus I still don't think it's wise for you and Nate both to work at unstable Marimed.
I bet it's not like that everywhere. Sea Life Park wasn't all crazy like Marimed. I mean I still went to my boss's house but I never been drinking with her. And even if I worked there for years and years I doubt I would have spent hours at the bar with anyone at SLP because there was boundaries. Just something to think about.