Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Test

I feel like I am being tested. Not only can I not run now, but I need to mostly stay off of my feet. I need to get creative with how to lose that last pound before Tuesday. I didn't do great last night because, well, Nate was trying to make me feel better and bought Chinese. It's hard to explain to people that although that does make me feel better in a way, it's not what I need. I made good decisions about portion, the best decisions you can make about Chinese food. I ate only a little of the pork fried rice and I ordered chicken with vegetables. But there were spring rolls and sweet and sour chicken! Can you really not have any? I couldn't help myself. And then to top it all off Nate pulls out these Tollhouse chocolate chip ice cream cookies. I looked at the wrapper and there are 490 calories in there! Holy Shit! I did one of the hardest things I've ever done. I ate half and put the other half out of sight in the freezer. But I certainly hurt my chances of reaching my goal this week. I am a little sore from Thursday's DVD video workout which is good because I didn't feel like it was all that much of a workout. I need to make a list of things that don't involve my toes.
I can do:
Situps
Pushups (girly style, off the toes)
Squats
Modified Yoga
Modified Pilates
Swimming (just using arms)
Most kickboxing moves without contact
Don't have a gym membership right now so the other things that would work like stationary bike I don't have access to. Any other ideas?

Oh. Ate well today. Regular eggs for breakfast and then I had apples and peanut butter for lunch. I'm going to do a modified workout when I'm done with this post. I'll keep in mind that no matter what workout I do, it can't be as boring as Myia's 10 mile tread-mill walk. That should keep me going.

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

Good job on only eating half, that is hard. I ate pizza and a cookie cake thing today at a birthday party. I haven't had real pizza in so very very long. It was so freakin' good. but I felt terrible about it so right when i got home I hit the gym and did a 6 mile walk. Walking is easy, I love it! I am not sure how my scale is going to look tomorrow because I ate a ton of pizza and three pieces of the cookie cake!
Hopefully I didn't set myself to far back. I will be disappointed if I did because I did well the night before when I went out.
Broken toes suck. Hopefully you can get a good workout. Do you have weights or those rubber things to do some resistant training.