Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Long Time, No Blog

It is so easy to fall off the wagon. Once paddling ended I think I had a few good weeks of really eating well and running. I'm still running, but my eating is getting a little out of control. I decided today that I am going to get my control back. It's so easy to sit back and be passive and talk about how I'm going to eat better. I need to remember to get back to the basics. I need to remember to buy vegetables. I need to plan ahead so I'm not stuck with the choice between Burger King, McDonalds or Subway for lunch. Not that you can't find a good meal choice at any one of those places, but once you're in line and you're smelling the french fries, and you see that picture of the milkshake.... It's much better to stay completely away. My biggest challenge has been the weekends. During the work week I pack my lunch and am stuck with the healthier choices that I have stuck in my lunch bag. (At least I have still been packing lunch.) Breakfast for me has gotten to be such a habit, I have 2 eggs and add some salad to it if we have leftovers on most almost every work day. During the weekend sometimes I'll cook hash browns or have a huge bagel, or pancakes or sometimes we go out to eat. (I can't eat healthy when I go out to eat, I haven't been able to really get a handle on that.) Then after breakfast if nothing has been planned I eat all sorts of nasty stuff. Jack in the Box, Pizza, Calzones, french fries, last weekend was a bloomin' onion, chips, and cookies. I know it could be worse. My weight did go over 135 briefly one day. I immediately got back in action and went to a class at the gym before running that evening. But, it's getting harder and harder for me because I've been letting myself slip.
So. Today I am taking back the control. I announced out loud earlier today that I will be eating better today. It made it easier to turn down the nachos later this afternoon. Then when we stopped at Foodland for charcoal we got salad items. We have also actually planned out the next couple of meals until payday. I got a huge back of baby carrots and just need to remember that they are there in times of need.
Tomorrow I will be running with the ladies around the loop. I might also do the boot camp class again. I really enjoyed that last week. Today I did 2 sets of 10 pushups so far. I will have to work in some cardio.
It's so easy to just let all the hard work go, stop planning, get lazy. But I am not going to let it happen. I need to work on getting healthy again. I think I will probably always go through phases of being healthy and then slipping. I just need to get good at getting back on the wagon. Here's to reclaiming my control!

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

I love that pictures, you should put it on the side so it's there forever!! Your hair is getting long too. I haven't had a cut or anything since July 27th.