Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

To The Gym I Must Go


Well, it’s been a while and I have been having some bad weeks. At first it was easy because I didn’t see a weight gain and I was eating like crap and still maintaining. Well after a few weeks it finally caught up with me and after a few days of healthiness I am back on track. But that is what makes it hard, knowing that it will come back off so easily. However since I haven’t been to the gym I am pretty sure I am losing muscle and it’s only been 3 weeks. So I need to get my butt to the gym. I stocked my house with healthy foods so I am not tempted to stop and get pizza and cheese fries anymore. I did that two times!!
It’s hard because it’s solely my motivation. I no longer have friends calling me to run or go hiking or do anything active. The weather doesn’t really permit it and the one person I would work out with is still in Hawaii. So it’s basically me fighting with myself to do something active, which is really hard sometimes. Eating healthy when I have food is easy and at first going to the gym was too. I know once I get my butt back into the gym I will go all the time. I need to figure out a schedule now that I have my work schedule and school schedule and stick to it. Of course I put off homework until the very last minute which doesn’t allow me to go to the gym some days because I am stuck making up work I could have done days and days ago!
Anyhow, I guess if it was easy every one would do it. I watched The Biggest Loser tonight instead of doing homework and another person lost 100 pounds. 100 pounds, if that isn’t amazing and proof that all these are possible I don’t know what is.
A healthy food choice is key to maintaining weight but being active is what makes it all worth it. When I can run faster then I ever have or lift more weights or walk to my class in no time at all because I am fit, it makes you know that not eating doughnuts or Burger King isn’t really a sacrifice.
I just wanted to make a goal to get my A$$ to the gym this weekend. I work tomorrow and I have an excel project and Thursday I am picking my mom up from the nursing home and taking her home and then I work Friday so Saturday and Sunday is my time for the gym and I have no reason not to make both days. So someone needs to hold me to it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So get your ass to the gym! Do your homework when you get back. You have to make it a priority, it's just as important as your job and your classes. You have to do all of those things, not just pick and choose which ones you want to do.

Serrissa said...

Yeah still haven't been to the gym and now I am sick again. I get sick here a lot, it's stupid and sucks. However I am back at work and school and I get exercise those places from walking and always standing. I don't sit down at all at work, no where to sit, no chairs in that building.
At 123 this morning hoping to get back to 117. Stupid stupid holiday food.

Serrissa said...

Took me over a month but I made it to the gym! Can't wait for winter to be over.