Pages

Monday, November 12, 2007

Props to Ananda and I

So after stating that I would take back control... I feel like I have. Today I ate well all day. I did have a beer, but I calculated my carb intake and decided it was okay. Ananda and I ran at 5:30. We both showed up even though it is a holiday. We did intervals today. 1 minute slow, then the second minute faster, faster and faster for four minutes. Then back to the beginning. 1 minute intervals for four minutes. We ended up doing a pretty good pace and time. We did the first 3 miles in intervals and then ran the last mile (to Kalapawai). I ended up finishing the 4 miles in 37:08. Not too bad. I really felt like I did a workout. The fourth minute on the intervals was a fast pace and it kicked my ass. I think I probably should have run slower for the fast part so I could finish stronger, but it felt good to mix it up. And the run felt like it went much faster, since I had to concentrate on every minute that went by.
Unfortunately, Nate and I had planned on barbecueing tonight and I ended up eating too much. However, I will not let that be an excuse to continue eating terribly. Tomorrow's breakfast- two eggs and some of the spinach salad in the fridge. Lunch will be a ham wrap with mustard. I bought a ton of those hundred calorie packs so I'll throw one of those in there. I've also taken to bringing tea bags in to work so I can make myself some decaf tea halfway through the day instead of indulging in unnecessary caffeine (more coffee!). So, not a great dinner choice, but all in all I felt like I was in charge of what went into my body. That is what I was missing the past couple of days. I've been eating mindlessly. I will pay attention to what I eat and exercise. 30 pushups tomorrow throughout the day!

2 comments:

Serrissa said...

So since Ananda is running with you are you shopping with her!?
That is good you guys are doing well. I need to get back in the gym. I love going to the gym but it's hard when it's freakin' cold. When I go to the gym I leave really wet (you know, how I down pour) and then it's f-ing freezing! Plus I been lazy.

Unknown said...

God, I forget about all that nonsense. You're gonna have to bring a change of clothes or just a jacket and sweat pants for when you're done.