Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Finally Crawled out of Bed

Wish I had one of these!
So Tuesday evening I flew out of warm Honolulu and headed to the East Coast.  My flight was so not comfortable.  Like an idiot, I forgot my pillow so my neck was all cramped up all night.  The guy next to me was very nice, but almost silent, and in his sleep he kept stretching out, getting all up in my space.  Then he'd wake up, look embarrassed and pull himself together until he fell asleep again.  I could not find a comfortable spot and had a painful stomach ache from the diet pepsi I drank that afternoon.  So, I guess it could have been better.  I did see Harry Potter the second part of the last one.  Good stuff.
I landed in Newark at about 10:30 Eastern time and began the journey up to NY state.  My Aunt Nancy picked me up, we met Mom for lunch and we had a picnic lunch complete with baked chicken and a banana cream pie to celebrate Mom's birthday.  Then Mom and I finished the trip north.  Not too much traffic, that was good, and the weather was really warm.  Got to keep the windows down for most of the trip.
When I got to my parents' house we did a hike through the woods of my childhood and surveyed the hurricane damage.  Pretty intense.  It's been enough time that it doesn't look as brutal as I'm sure it did, but there are trees down everywhere.  The really weird part is looking out and all the trees are leaning the same way.  Normally the trees just lean wherever the ground is taking them, but there is an crazy pattern to the leaning now.
It started to get cold around 4pm, and I wrapped up in a blanket on the couch and watched NCIS while Mom graded papers.  I love NCIS.  She left halfway through it the first time, cause her best friend from High School called her for her birthday.  So we watched it again.  I fell asleep for the second run through.  We had a fabulous baked chicken dinner with a veggie salad, asparagus and sweet potato.  Totally paleo and not on purpose.  My parents certainly aren't paleo, they just like real food.  Mom and I perused some of the stuff in one of the dressers in my old room.  I had really great fashion sense in high school, let me tell you.  There was quite a bit of belly laughing as each item came out of the dresser.
Dad came home late and I hung out with him for a while, we discussed Quantum Physics, the Web Theory and the String Theory as they relate to mental health.  Seriously.  Then I put an extra blanket on the bed upstairs so I could curl up.  Did I mention that I felt so cold I never actually changed out of my clothes?  I totally curled up in all my clothing and shivered until the bed warmed up.  I forget how totally quiet it is out here.  There was no sound last night.  I slept very well.
Woke up and hung out with Mom and Dad before they headed to work and made myself a leftovers omelette.  Salad, asparagus and baked chicken.  Yum!!
Just a picture of Opus 40.  Always reminds me of home.
I'm contemplating what to do with my morning.  I think I'm going to don my workout gear and head into the woods.  It's been a while.  I'm usually in such a rush when I'm here, but I have absolutely nothing to do for a few hours.  I'm not going to waste it with TV (which was definitely my first thought).
Anna should be here around 11am and we'll try on some shoes and clothes and get ready to go, so when Dad gets home from his meeting we can take off right away.  Tonight and this weekend are going to be so much fun!  I can't wait!
Titus and Gizmo- best dogs in the world.
Did I mention I really, really, really miss my husband and my doggies?

No comments: