Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Update

Weight- 144
I need to remember that I have to make small goals for myself. 15 pounds for May is a great goal, but I will never get there if I don't make smaller really attainable goals for myself. If I'm going to lose 5 pounds a month that means I need to be at 140 by January 31. That's a Saturday. That breaks down to:
This Saturday- goal of 143
Next Saturday- goal of 142
January 31- goal of 140

I know I can get down to 143 this weekend. I've done it before. With class last night and Thursday, our planned lunches and dinners for the week and one more workout somewhere in between I should be able to hit that number easily. I've done it several times. The trick is to maintain through the weekend. If I'm getting serious to lose this weight, than Myia's right, I have to kick it up a notch and up one or two of my workouts in intensity and add something in through the week. Gizmo should be able to hike this weekend and the weather is getting better.
I won't go into February's goals yet. I'll have to set those up at the end of January.

Yesterday was kickboxing, it was killer, we did a lot of kicking, which makes you (well, me anyway) feel very tough. The guys who actually know what they're doing don't laugh at you too much. It's all in good fun. It's starting to feel even better now that a couple of new women have joined, so I'm not the newest member anymore. It was a little more difficult when I didn't know who has been doing kickboxing for 6 years already and who just started. Now I know who I can partner up with without getting extremely frustrated. Some people take it very seriously and that's fun if they're willing to be patient with you. But it's even better when both people are still learning, but still working out hard.

Unfortunately I'm sitting here contemplating finishing my "plate lunch" that the school ordered for us. It's smells so good, it's chicken katsu. And boy do I love it, but boy is it not good for me and those goals I just input up top. I'm throwing it away right now. Okay, I took one more bite first. Damn delicious Hawaiian food! Now I have to jump rope or something when I get home.

This week- Today- now I have to jump rope or walk, Wednesday- off, Thursday- kickboxing, Friday- go for a walk, Saturday- something with Ananda or Joanna, walking or tennis.

No comments: