Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Weight Maintained

Beginning Weight for 2009 - 145

Well, I lost 5 pounds in December and then gained it all back through the holidays. This would be bad news except that it means that all together I didn't GAIN any more weight. I just went back to my normal. So although it appears that I bactracked a little I'm going to look at it as a success. The holidays always are a time of weight gain for me, and by setting a goal before the holidays, I avoided getting bigger than I was. So now I am going to reset my goal for the new year.

This weekend I was at 145, my starting weight in December. I had my kickboxing class again, finally, on Monday, and it triggered me to eat a little better for the next couple of days. I weighed in this morning at 144. That's good because tonight I have my kickboxing class again, so I'm hoping to drop another pound for the weekend. I plan on making a menu for the weekend tomorrow at the end of the work day, so I am prepared for the weekend binging. It was a really good idea that I just didn't stick with enough over the holidays. But I think if I can make a habit of Friday menu planning for the weekend, I can start to lose the weight I plan on losing. And let me tell you, this time, I'm not going to TRY to lose the weight. I'm just going to do it. That means that I'm not dieting, I'm just going to eat healthy. I'm just going to exercise when it's on my calendar and more if I can.

It took me a while to come up with my New Year's Goals this year. Actually I wasn't ready to shout them out when 2009 rolled in, but that doesn't mean they don't count.

This year they are:

1. Lose 15 pounds (and maintain) for 2010. - I want to have it all off before Theresa and Shane's wedding because that's a great time for photos, but I want to keep it off for next year's New Year. So a mini goal is to lose the 15 pounds for the end of April. That's 5 pounds a month. I think I can do it if I work hard.

2. Plan Menus for the weekends. - Friday at the end of the work day, decide if I need to go to the grocery store on the way home and write down the meals and snacks for the weekend.

3. Take better care of my skin. - This means not touching/scratching my face when I'm stressed or bored or tired. I went through my facial products and I have everything I need to make my skin look better again.

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

Great goals. My scale said 129 this morning so not to bad for drinking my ass off and eating like shit. But I too want to get down to 120 before Theresa's wedding. I need to get down before I come to Hawaii and gain all the shit back again.

Wow, being off schedule is not cool. I slept so much when I got home and today. I am heading to work in a few minutes.

I didn't really make any new years except to run 350 miles in 2009, so I need to get started on that.