Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

33 Mile Race

This past weekend was the E Lau Hoe race. It started at Hawaii Kai, at 8:30am and it ended at Nanakuli Beach Park. I should put this race on my Google Maps. Okay, I did, click on Google Maps and check out the course. Our starting lineup: Jenney, Ku`ulei, Me, Ananda, Debby, and Christie steering. Christie, again, steered the whole race. She's crazy. We did our first change and I got into the "pimp yacht" like I've been calling it. Joanna's friend's boat was nice. It had nice padded seats and a place to lay out in the sun in the front. You never felt like you were getting tossed around. There was also plenty of room to stretch. Not to mention the fact that it had a bed and a sink inside. We ended up doing a lot of changes, I moved around from seat 3 to seat 2, then I was in seat 4 for a little while. At the end of the race Mele was sitting seat 1, Jenney seat 2, Ananda seat 3, I was seat 4, and Debby was seat 5. We were catching up to one of the crews that was in front of us for a long time. We kept creeping up and creeping up to them. They did a change and we changed Jenney out for Sheila in seat 2. We continued to creep up on them and finally got right up to them. They did another water change and we didn't. The girls in our boat ended up paddling for at least 45 minutes. I don't know how long Mele was in because she was already in before Me, Ananda and Debby got into the boat. Anyway, it was a ton of fun and we ended up beating the boat we chased down. We got to the finish line in 5 hours and 27 minutes. Ananda and I got a ride from her boyfriend Chris. We basically wandered around talking nonsense for a while because we were so tired. We finally made it to the showers and the bathroom and made our way to his car. We stopped for gas and we bought some Peanut Butter Cups since the ones I brought for the race got left behind. That is an excellent post-race meal.
After the race me, Nate, and our neighbors Fish and Debby got together to barbecue. Titus plays with their dog Norm. Ananda and Chris showed up later with a bottle of wine. It was a pretty good day.
This week has been pretty crazy, I'm trying to learn the Ho`ohua therapist position. It's hard to keep all the names, paperwork and information straight.
Yesterday I had paddling practice. I keep promising myself that I'm going to go for a run, but I just lose the energy and motivation for it when I get home. Perhaps I need to bring my stuff with me and just change at the bathroom before the loop. I usually have some energy right at the end of work.
I still weigh 135. I have to buy new clothes. My pants were falling off of me today.
Today I finally had the motivation again to make a delicious dinner. I made- peas, I love peas, I made a whole bunch of them. I also made seashell pasta with Tomato-basil alfredo sauce (not so good for me). I breaded chicken with seasoned Panko Bread Crumbs and only put the bread crumbs on one side, then baked the chicken. It was pretty darn good. I wonder what Nate's gonna put together for dessert.

No comments: