Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Life


So Nate and I have officially switched therapist positions this week. I didn't realize how stressed out I have been until Nate took over the tough case I was working on. I just feel like I can breathe better again. We had this big meeting on Thursday with me, Nate, a couple of our supervisors, the Department of Health, and the parents. I basically just got dumped on by them, which was okay because in the long run it is going to help the kid in the program. I could have defended myself so many times, but they just wanted to pull me into an argument, and I wouldn't do it. It did not feel very good while it was happening. I couldn't go to paddling practice afterwards, I just felt sick. But Nate was awesome and is going to be the best therapist with this case. And now I can breathe easier. It's tough because they went through all of my notes and made copies of everything and the Department of Health made copies of all of my notes. I stand by my work, but it is the first time that my work is being evaluated to this degree. I was called incompetent among other things by this family, and it feels good to move on.
So I'm feeling less stressed out, but I missed practice on Thursday. I guess after practice Mike (our coach) let everyone know that because some girls dropped out of the distance season he will only be sending two crews in tomorrow's race. It might mean that we only have enough girls for two crews in the Molokai race. I talked to my pal and coworker Cheryl who would love to race in the Molokai race, and knows another girl from Kaneohe Canoe Club that will come to practice if that means they can do the Molokai channel. So hopefully that third boat will still go in two weeks. The biggest blow to the team is that Kahala is not finishing the season. She's one of our steerswoman and she rocks. I think we have enough other steerswomen to do the race, but we are going to have some steerswomen doing the majority of the 42 mile race by themselves, with a quick switch out for a break in the middle.
Because I haven't done much for exercise in the past couple of days I weighed myself this morning to see how much damage I've been doing. I haven't really been eating well either, although at Mexico Lindo's last night, I did choose a fairly healthy fish wrap. So I weighed myself and over the past couple of days I've lost 4 pounds. The scale said 126 which is like 131. That's just weird. Myia I know you said that the same thing happened, that you took some time off from working out and you lost weight. I wonder why that happens. Maybe my body needed some healing time after doing paddling so often. It's a very repetitive motion and you can get burnt out really fast. I am feeling ready to paddle 33 miles tomorrow.

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

Wow 33 Miles, I have to say that doesn't even sound fun! I am glad you rock this year and got to paddle in every single race. That is AWESOME!!!!
Yeah you will get a break after paddling but off season is so much fun, hiking, yoga, hip hop. I am not mad I am missing long distance season but it sucks that I am missing "off Season". I would totally already commit to yoga every Saturday morning, you know Denby, Joanna and Karen (if you get in touch with her) will be down for that for sure. I know Ananda said she would try it again.
I bet those clothes I gave you don't even fit now. You should go shopping with Ananda she is a deal master and you guys can pick out some hot new clothes for your hot new body.
I do believe you are going to lose more weight. I think that you lose weight faster then you gain muscle, so since you are still living and eating right your body is going to get rid of the fat and then turn around and replace it with muscle. I am still losing weight, but eating a lot of healthy foods, Mexico Lindo sounded really good. I really don't have anyone to eat out with so I haven't eaten out but 3 times (Olive Garden- and I didn't even have one bread stick, I had shrimp and veggie), Panera Bread (I love that place) and Charley's Grilled Subs) oh and Subway at school the other day. Nothing bad though. I feel good too. I been runing on the treadmill but am feeling out of shape because it was hard to do 3 miles the other day.
Good luck on the race today!!!