Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Better Food


I found great chicken sausage: Archer Farms Chicken Sausage (tomato and basil, Spinach and garlic, and spinach, garlic and feta). They are only 70-80 Calories per link (same size as a brut or turkey sausage). Anyhow they are organic so they are a little pricy but they are delicious! I love them. I am not a big meat eater so this is a great alternative.
I have had other basil and tomato chicken sausage, can’t remember what brand but they had 130 calories, which is still good considering Turkey sausage and hot dogs both have 180 each link. Even though I just bought like 25 frozen Lean Cuisine meals I am trying to move away from the stuff that has a really long shelf life. I want to stick more with the stuff that expires within a week or so because it’s healthy for you. I have learned to control my calorie intake now I need to learn how to control only putting good healthy stuff into my mind. Which I am pretty sure isn’t Skinny Cow Ice Cream bars. It’s a work in process because my freezer is filled with those too.

If you guys want a good calorie counter and want to check information before you eat, check out http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/ this link shows all nutritional value not just calories for those people that want to watch carbs and fats.
I started to read the book “Skinny Bitch” which I plan on passing along to everyone once I am finished. It is a little rude and makes you kinda mad but tells it straight, if you want to stop being fat, you need to stop putting bad shit into your body. Something’s, I don’t agree with but most are very true. Not the goal of the book is to become a Skinny Bitch which I think you can become without following it complete. They are very organic and anti chemicals including cold medicine and all sorts of shit which makes them a little crazy but it’s a good read to make you think about what you are actually putting into your body.

The book is fairly inexpensive and you guys can probably pick it up if you don’t want to wait until I mail it around. Let me know you wants to be first to receive it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice picture. Nate just came back from Sam's Club with Bobby, they spent so much freaking money. It's funny how Nate has changed his eating habits though, because Bobby had all these pizza bites and frozen chicken cordon bleu and Nate bought a huge box of skinny cow ice cream frozen chicken breast, and a whole bunch of other good stuff. (He did buy 10 packages of velveeta mac and cheese which is delicious, but soooo bad for you.)