Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

5 Lost and 5 Gained

Weigh in- 145.

Did another great jump-rope workout today. The only problem with the at-work workout is that you get pretty sweaty. Luckily I thought ahead and brought an extra shirt, just in case. So I'll be changing before I leave the office.

I'm kind of upset that just one or two days of eating poorly can swing you back to your original weight after so much work. I'm hoping that this time it will take less time to get to 140, and that I can break that mark. I knew this was going to be a difficult time of year. At least I lost 5 pounds before I gained 5 back. I could have just gained 5 and been at 150! I have 6 days before the New Year. I really want to get down to 140 again. I think I can do it in a healthy way if I work out a little every day and don't eat like crap this weekend.

Let me tell you why I gained so much back yesterday. Nate and I made this incredible cheese dip with ground pork and some ground sausage. We put velveeta cheese in it, and chopped up onions, peppers, garlic and scallions. It's not great for you, but on top of that it's so delicious that I can't stop eating it. So I had sooo much dip yesterday. That was my lunch. Then I made lobster and brussel sprouts for dinner. My special brussel sprouts with parmesian cheese. I have been crocheting in between meals though, and that keeps my hands busy. Plus, it's too big of a pain in the butt to eat chips or cookies and then go wash your hands off after every bite so you don't get crumbs on the yarn.

Plans for this weekend.

Food: I need to go home tonight and plan the lunches. I'm not sure what we have in the fridge, but I certainly don't have any money after Christmas to buy any extra groceries. I might still have tofu. Uh oh. I think I was supposed to eat that a few days ago. It's probably bad.

Exercise: Tomorrow- tennis, maybe another walk on the beach, Sunday- aerobic house cleaning.

2 comments:

Serrissa said...

Well if you can gain weight that fast you can lose weight that fast. I gain and drop 5 pounds all the time. You just need a serious workout. I mean serious. I would try to increase your cardio for a longer period of time, you know when you feel like your going to die or close to it. And then once you feel that way, do some more.
I didn't get to run yesterday and I am waiting on the heating guy to come fix my heat. So I need to do a run before New Years to get to my 50 miles goal when I am there. Still packing.

Arin said...

You know what? I look just like that guy when I use the jump rope you got me for Christmas.