Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Brand New Day


Every day is a new day. I got a few good ideas from Myia the other day that I'm going to try out. The first was not looking at the weekends necessarily as my challenge. But rather making a commitment to eating well for 8 days. That's actually a fabulous idea that I'm going to try starting today. So that means that I am going to try to eat really well until next week Wednesday. Not that I'm going to then gorge, but it's a different way of looking at things instead of using the weekend as an excuse. I should still wake up on the weekends, make my breakfast and pack lunch.

One of these days I may start counting calories, who knows.

I like the clean and sober count on the blog. It's not that I think I'm never going to have a drink again. But, I like the idea of challenging myself to go longer and longer without. I know that it will be good for me. Drinking is such a terrible diet killer. Not just the calories in the drink, but then the calories I allow myself to consume after I've had a drink. I hope nobody reads this thinking that I am a raging alcoholic. When you are trying to lose weight, rather than just stay at a certain weight, than even one night of drinking sabotages a few days worth of good effort. And it's not that worth it.

I really want to lose a few more pounds before Theresa and Shane's wedding. I still have a $50 gift certificate from Ross because I'm waiting until I get down to 135 to be able to use it. It may be a little while, but it's a nice reward. I should think of a reward for myself when I get to and stay under 140. I've hit 140 many times, but still have been fluctuating between 140 and 145. I need to make a few changes so I can stay under 140. I've started walking more often, even though I didn't like it at first. It's not that bad. And it's something.

This week I have kickboxing tomorrow, and Tennis Saturday morning. I'll take the dogs for a walk Sunday morning like I did this morning, it was nice to be on the beach at sunrise. Then I'm considering walking the Aloha Run on Monday. I will probably do kickboxing on Tuesday night and Thursday night next week.

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

I think yes to the great aloha walk. And not drinking is a key component. I never drink when I am trying to lose weight. I have been really good the last few days and fell good about it. I ran 4.5 yesterday and walked 4 miles today. Still having some knee issues but I am working through it. My teacher gave us each an andes candy and I didn't even eat it. I forgot I had it and it's still in my bookbag.
I like the 8 days thing. It takes 21 days to make something a habit so I am trying to get through the first 8 days and go from there. I keep thing that I will be on the beach this time during my Hawaii trip so I will have to maintain a comfortable weight that I like.
My goal for Hawaii is 120, which is doable. It is getting a lot harder though, before it seemed easier but now I think it's getting harder for me. We will see, my scale has been going down some hopefully I can keep it down.
Good luck on your 8 days! And I like walking as long as I am going a decent pace like 15 minute miles which isn't bad at all and you get a good workout but I feel like I have to walk for an hour and do 3+ miles. Which an hour isn't that bad.