Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Good Week!

So I've decided I like this Tuesday to Tuesday weekly mindset. It made it easier to get through this weekend.
I didn't drink over the weekend either, and it was nice to be able to limit how much food I ate. I made much better choices at Kara and Eli's place over the weekend I think because I was just drinking water.
I weighed myself this morning- a solid 142. That's fine, that's three pounds. This week I actually feel like I can keep it off instead of gaining the three pounds back for next week. We'll see, but I am optimistic.
I didn't even have ice cream last night when Nate had ice cream. I got back from my kickboxing class and I was tired and ice cream sounded great, but I knew I had just worked really hard, so I said no. I did take a taste of his ice cream and that was enough. I didn't even feel like I was missing out.
My goal of getting good abs is another really good mindset. It is much easier to picture the hot abs I'm going to have someday soon when I want to eat something unhealthy. It's not as easy to picture "losing weight." So this has been very helpful for me this week. I just say to myself, "abs, abs, abs" and think about whether or not the food in front of me is really worth it. Sometimes it is.
My goal for this week is to walk twice again with my dogs. I will still do my class two times and play tennis Saturday or Sunday. I'm also considering getting a second opinion about my knee from a doctor who is well-versed in sports injuries. Maybe I will be able to run again someday, we'll see.
I will weigh myself again next Tuesday. I'm striving for 140 but it would be great to see a number below. Otherwise I'm going to continue to picture my new, hot abs.

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

Great job on Tuesday to Tuesday! Weekends are always tough but much easier when you put yourself on a different schedule.
I had trouble on Saturday because I went to a birthday party and of course I was straving when I got there because I wanted to limit my calorie intake for the party. That was dumb. But I was right back on track for Sundays.
I don't usually have that much trouble with weekends more so at work because they always have so much food, but I have been packing my lunch.
Anyhow 142 is awesome! 3 pounds is a lot. I am down from 130 to 126.5 stupid thing keeps clicking to .5
Ha. Before Saturday I was at 125 so the one day did set me back.
I walked today at the gym for 4 miles. But tomorrow I am going to run and Thursday I am going to walk again.
I'll keep you posted on the roller thing and how it works once I get one.