Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Feeling Thin

It's nice when you're able to stick to a healthy diet, at least for a few days. Whether or not the scale is moving or not I won't know until Tuesday, but I feel better. My pants also feel better.
The other day Nate and I went for a 50 minute walk on the beach. It was awesome. I think he actually came along for the workout, not just to get Gizmo and Titus out of the house. I let him decide when we turned around and it was pretty far down the beach before he wanted to go back. It was a little scary because it has been very windy recently and there were some kite surfers who obviously didn't know what they were doing. The scary part occurs when a kite surfer comes to the wrong part of the shore and doesn't know how to get his huge kite out of the sky gently. Have you ever seen a regular kite dive bomb to the ground? That's what it was like, but with huge 8 foot span kites. We had to stop and wait several times for these people to ground their kites so we didn't get killed. And then we would run past them just in case they lost control of their kite again. There was one time that the kite surfer came flying towards the shore, his kite came flying towards us and then he was able to change directions last minute and head back out to open sea. Almost stopped my heart. It certainly made the walk more interesting.
Unfortunately I also seem to have broken my toe this week. I walked towards the bathroom to help Nate bathe the dogs after our nice, long walk and I stubbed my pinkie toe on a table leg. I've done this before, and experienced great pain, but this time I actually heard a small snapping noise. I wasn't sure if I had just imagined this or not, but then my toe swelled up and today it is really black and blue. I've had it taped to the toe next to it, which is what the doctor would do if he diagnosed it as broken. They don't usually do much else, unless it looks like it needs to be reset. It doesn't, I can move it, it just hurts like hell.
My big decision is whether I should go to kickboxing tonight. Here I am, into week 2 of my no drinking/healthy eating/not weighing myself until Tuesday plan and I might not be able to work out. I can't go tomorrow, they don't have classes on Friday. I think I can tape up my toe and the front of my foot to stabilize it and then not do any kicking that involves that part of my foot. Usually you kick with your shins. I would almost rather agitate it a little more tonight and get a good workout and then skip tennis on Saturday. I can figure out another way to workout this weekend that doesn't involve running around. I might go in and see how it feels and just leave early if it hurts too bad. Like if I can't jump rope. That's the first thing we usually do. I wish I had indoor boxing shoes, you're allowed to wear those and it would help keep the foot stabilized, but alas, I do not own a pair.
Anyway, I'm going to make sure I eat really well for the next couple of days because whether I go to the class tonight or not, I have to limit the amount of walking I do during the day. Translation- less calories burned during my work day.
My plan is going to have to be to eat healthy through Tuesday, drink lots of water, and figure out a seated workout option for the weekend.

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

Broken toes suck! I broke my toe once and yeah they just tape it and its all black and blue. You should stay off it and focus on your food intake and really pay attention to what you are eating since you will be limited.
I think food intake is a huge huge factor in weight loss. so do what you can but turn your focus on healthy foods.
I think sit ups and things that don't involve a lot of standing is good. It take a while for the toe to heal.