Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Staying Strong

I'm looking forward to my weight in on Tuesday. I had a freaking great kickboxing class last night. We did over one hundred pushups, not all at once, but in 10 pushup increments. We also did more than 300 sit ups, again, not all at once, but in spurts. In between we were working hard. It was a lot of fun and I was so tired afterwards that my body was shaking. I did stay and stretch afterwards or I knew I would be in some major pain today and tomorrow. I actually feel really good right now. I might get more sore tomorrow, for me it often takes 2 days to kick in, but I'm barely sore at all. I'm proud of myself. I am definitely getting stronger, whether I've lost the weight or not. I was also able to do all three rounds of jump roping (3 minute rounds) without stopping. That is a success for me because jumproping is hard work. Usually after the first two rounds the third round will be really difficult because you get tired and you end up not jumping high enough and tripping up on the rope. Yesterday I was still going strong at the end of round three.
I am ready for the weekend, as a part of my week, rather than the end of it. I have plans for dinner tonight and tomorrow. I am going to wake up tomorrow and make myself breakfast and lunch so I don't start snacking on bad stuff in the morning. I am planning on some tennis in the morning as well.

I read an article, about making sure that you're not starving yourself during the day because otherwise you will overeat at night and ruin all of the work you've done. Remember, starving yourself and depriving yourself does not equal weight loss. We've all tried it and it doesn't work. Make sure you are eating enough throughout the day and eating a reasonable amount for dinner. Somehow we have gotten into this mindset of having three big meals during the day and it's time we break out of that habit. It's so much more fun to be able to eat 6 times a day anyway! I checked my calorie intake for my days and I am eating enough because my snacks are small but I eat often enough. I am not hungry when I go home. I do need to work on making my last meal of the day smaller. That is a tough habit to break- the meat, carbs and veggies all on one big plate. But don't starve yourself during the day to make room for the big meal- you'll just overdo it later.

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

I'm so glad you found that kickboxing class, it sounds like a lot of fun. I love eating more than 6 times a day. I have been eating 6+ times a day for the last two weeks and I feel great. Of course I have been eating healtier too. I get up in the morning better and I have a better attitude during the day. I really forgot how shitty food can make you feel all the time.
I ran 5 miles today and walked 6 the other day and ran 3.5 the other day and I feel good.
I have been drinking a ton of green tea too, not good with the caffine part but i think it is making me feel better too. My jeans fit again so that is always good. They are a little snug but i think it two more weeks they will fit perfectly!
Jumping rope is hard. I should jump rope, but I don't really have room. Our place is pretty small and I don't have a fancy jump rope.