Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 6

So far this weekend has been really great.  Yesterday I woke up feeling good and hiked Kuliouou with Joanna and Keysa.  It was cold when we started and very clear out.  It was a perfect day for that hike because it is always hot and you can lose out on the view if it's cloudy or rainy.  We made it to the top with a few stops, we took our time and enjoyed nature.  The steps at the top of the hike have been redone recently, so there wasn't any slipping and sliding.  Just a lot of stairs.  It always makes me feel like I'm hyperventilating when it gets to that last stretch, but the view is worth any pain that comes with the climb.  It's just gorgeous.  You see the Windward side, Koko Head and all the way to Diamond Head.  The breeze was perfect.  The hike down was quick. 
After the hike we went to Joanna's where her husband was showing off his new Panini maker.  He was building paninis for everyone.  I just grabbed some turkey and tomatoes and ate that cold.  Everyone seemed concerned that I should have more, but I actually didn't want a panini or any more food.  I was tired from the hike.  I had some water and socialized for a little while and then had to head home for a hot shower to rejuvenate.  I forget how tired you get when it's cold outside.  It's so easy to become a sloth and bury yourself under blankets. 
On the way home I stopped at the store for some more fruit and sweet potatoes.  I had a snack of turkey bacon and banana, surprisingly delicious, and watched Dinner for Schmucks with Nathan.  Stupid movie. 
Ate Filet Mignon and sweet potato baked with olive oil and salt for dinner.  Had a few cashews for late night snack.
This morning I went for a walk on the beach with Jaime and we went all the way to Touch Rock!  It felt really good.  It was cold when we started, but it warmed up perfectly and was just right to jump into the ocean at the end.  The water felt freezing to me, but good.  I couldn't stay in long and headed back here for some black coffee, eggs and bacon!  I'm enjoying this paleo stuff.  I really like the food I'm eating now that I'm getting a handle on what's in and what's not.  I have to print up another list to have it handy with me when I go shopping so I can refer to it when I have questions. 

No comments: