Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 3 Begins!

I have hear rumors that week 3 may be difficult.  That's okay.  I'm prepared for it.  I am determined to have a good week nonetheless.  I am not feeling hungry, so I know I'm eating enough, I'm not having too many cravings.  The forbidden food in close proximity to me is a little difficult, more because it would be so easy to grab a few crackers, down a cookie, or chug some juice in the fridge.  I am loving the way I feel, still.  My stomach looks great, and I feel full of energy.  I'm trying to get used to the lack of highs and lows that come with eating the sugar stuff, I don't have any rushes of energy, it's just a smooth ride all day long.  I am amazed at how much better I am right now about the mindless eating.  Even with the nut mixes I've been making when I feel like I need a snack.  You know how you can eat an entire bag of chips and not even really taste them?  I can't really do that with the nuts and the other things I've been eating.  Sometimes I'll grab a whole handful of nuts as a habit, but that generally doesn't last.  You end up grabbing just a few at a time and really chewing them.  Doesn't seem like a big deal, but you eat a lot less when you're taking the time to eat and enjoy it. 
It's a new year, it's time to eat healthy!!!
I don't have kbox tonight, due to MLK Junior Day, so I'll go tomorrow.  I got in an excellent hike yesterday, the girls and I drove out to Hauula with the doggies and did a really nice, not too steep 3 mile hike.  It had some good views, it didn't rain, and the dogs loved it!  There was running water in places, and little waterfalls.  Very cool hike for families and visitors.  There were some spots that out of shape people might need to rest at, but a nice hike in the woods.  Bring your bug spray!

No comments: