Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2007

I woke up this morning and went for a run. I had made the New Year goal of running 8 miles before Jan 1. I tried to wake Ananda up, but she was still sleeping. I decided to run 8 miles. It was hard and I made the mistake of running down Kalaheo first and I did the loop second. The problem with that is on mile 7 you get to the hills. Then you're already exhausted. I ended up having to walk for about 30 seconds because my heart started racing going up the first hill. I just slowed my speed down on the hills and I was able to run the rest of the way. I ran it in 1:20 and 21 seconds. Not horrible. A 10 minute mile pace. What I'm hoping is that the next time I run it, I can do it in less than a 10 minute mile pace. Bye the time the Aloha run comes I want to be able to beat my last year's time by a few minutes. I think if I look back I'll find my time written down, but I remember it being around a 10 minute mile. My other goal for the Aloha Run is to look a little better crossing the finish line. They take pictures of everyone crossing the line, and I have pictures from last year and the year before. Maybe I'll actually wear a running outfit this year. I generally wear a men's Ashirt undershirt when I run.
This week we've been watching Li`i and Riley. It's been nuts. It's fun to have more than one dog though. Titus is finally getting used to having friends. He's seemed so sad all week because the other two are getting all of his attention. They also keep stealing his toys from him. He figured out early that Li`i can't get up onto the bed, so he usually takes his toys there. Riley doesn't really care, so she won't chase him onto the bed either. He's going to be so happy when he has the house to himself again. He's become much more cuddly though, because if he wants attention he has to come curl up next to us. And he has finally been able to sleep next to another dog. He's a very individualistic dog, and usually can't relax when there's other animals around. He has gotten used to the other dogs coming up onto the couch and basically laying right on top of him. It used to bother him alot, but now he just opens his eyes for a second and falls back asleep.
I am loving watching how dogs interact with each other. I have definitely decided however, that three dogs is way too many. And it's okay now that they all want to cuddle with you when it's pretty cold outside (cold for Hawaii anyway), but in a few months I wouldn't want three dogs curled up next to me on the couch.

2 comments:

Serrissa said...

Your tough, doing the loop last. I would never attempt that! That is just crazy talk. I think I planned it once but never made it. I loved doing the loop first because it was like the hard part was behind you.

Serrissa said...

here is a site to check your mins per mile

http://www.conwayrunning.org/calculators/min_per_mile_calculator.html