Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Keeping off the Pounds

I'm still working on keeping off those pesky pounds for the holidays. I gained two pounds then lost them, then gained them back. Unfortunately I didn't go running yesterday, I just was too lazy. Today I tried to make up for it by going to one of the classes at the Y. I don't know that the pie I ate for dessert helped though. I tried to eat a lot of peas at dinner to fill me up, but the pie was too strong. The good news is that I'm starting to see some muscle definition and wasn't embarrassed by the mirror at the gym. After the class I did a quick ten minute run. I set the treadmill for the hill climbing course and it kicked my ass. I had to keep slowing it down. I resisted turning the incline down though. Tomorrow is another day at work, I've been bringing my Nalgene bottle and it makes a huge difference. Water is surprisingly better than coffee to wake you up. When I'm hydrated I don't get to that drowsy, sick, tired stage. I just get antsy to go home from work.
Anyway, I'm still just working on not gaining weight for the holidays and staying sane at work.
Goals:
Saturday- run at 7:00am. 6 miles
Monday- run at 5:30pm- 3 miles
Tuesday- Turbo Kick at 8:00am
Wednesday- run at 5:30pm- 3 miles
Keep drinking water!

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

You guys look great!!!!!