Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

My Goals


I made it back to the gym today and did a 3 mile run on the tread in 26:30, which is way better then my 29 but before I stopped working out I was in the 22 range so I have a long way to go to get back to that. I was running fast too or at least I thought I was! I also worked my legs and my abs. My goal is to have abs like that chick in the picture (top left). Yeah I don't know who she is and she may even have a personal trainer but I want to work towards it.


The sad part is I was doing so well with my abs and then just stopped going to the gym because it got cold and I got lazy. Unfortunately I won't bring in the New Year in the best shape I have been this year but I am trying for my goal weight which I spent more my time at when I was at the gym lifting and doing cardio all the time, which is 117. I have about 2.5 pounds to lose before Jan 1 which I think is doable. I been doing cardio every day. If I don't go to the gym I jump on my elliptical machine for a 45 minute workout. I have lots of free time because I am working part time and school is out. I am hoping to keep it up once school is back in session. I have about a 2 hour break in between school and work but it isn't enough time to workout, eat lunch and shower and get ready. So I will have to do all my workouts at night after work around 7ish or do them on the weekend and Thursday. Thursday is my day off of school and work. So that will be my day to clean and do laundry too. I also have Sunday off of school and work.


I am going to set a schedule and stick to it. My goals for 2008 are the following:


1) Get killer Abs (like the girl in the picture).

2) Run a half marathon.


Hopefully training for the half marathon will help with the killer abs.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want abs like hers too! I have a ways to go though. I met my goal of running 8 miles, so now I want to increase my time. I'm at 10 minute mile pace, I want to bring it down to at least a 9 minute mile pace before the Aloha Run, February 18.

Serrissa said...

That is a huge drop. I ran the Aloha run at 10:04 min mile pace last year. Dropping down to 9 within now until the race would be nearly impossible. Even though it doesn't seem like a lot, dropping a minute off each mile is huge. I would try to go from 9:48 min miles or something like that, even dropping to 9:30 would be a lot to drop. Not a lot to drop for 1 or 2 miles but a lot to drop for 8 miles. I tried that last year. Even now I ran 4 miles today at 9:26 and it was hard and just two months ago I could have done that at 8 minute miles, but it took me 3 months of none stop working out and running to get to that and I can only maintain it for 2-3 miles.
I am just saying don't be disappointed if you come in just under a 10 minute mile at the Great Aloha Run because running 8 miles at that rate is freakin' awesosme. I remember I was so pissed at my 10:04 because I ran so fast and trained so freakin hard. It's felt great but I was disappointed because I wanted to do it in 9 so badly.
Anyhow I broke 4 miles today!!! After 2 months off it felt good but man it was hard, but I knew it was now or never. It's so easy to get stuck into 3 miles all the time.

Serrissa said...

Oh congrats on 8 miles that is huge!!!!! I want to run 8 miles, but on the treadmill that has to be awful.