Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Long-distance Run

This evening is our Marimed Holiday Party at Boardrider's. It is close enough that we can roll home when the party is over. We plan to do some pre-holiday party partying at our apartment first. Since I knew I probably wouldn't be eating all that well today, I went for a run this morning. I had a feeling that it would be just me, since I forgot to email the starting spot for the run until after 7pm last night. I sent out a text at 6:50am, but 10 minutes isn't very much time to decide you want to get out of your comfortable bed and run.
So, I got down to the parking lot and decided that I was going to run 6 miles. I ran out to Dune Road first, down N. Kalaheo, and back, then grabbed a drink of water from the water fountain before heading out to do Lanikai Loop. I tried to pay attention to how my body was feeling at certain points of the run instead of just running as fast as I could. I still did a 10 minute mile, which was consistent for my long-distances last year. I'm hoping to improve on that, but this was my first long run of running season.
Right around mile 4 I started to get really tired. I guess that's expected since that was the former long distance mileage. Hopefully 6 miles will start to feel good soon and I can move it up to 8. I figure I'll have to run the 6 mile run 2 to 3 more times before attempting a longer run. We have 10 weeks until the Great Aloha Run, so that's about 9 weekends that I can wake up early and do a long distance run. Next weekend will be better planned. Maybe I'll even make it to Yoga after.

No comments: