Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

New Shoes

Nate and I went to the mall and he got me my Christmas present. Running shoes! Thank god, mine were falling apart. They actually had a sale and I had an old Food Locker card with $25 dollars on it, so I got two pairs of running sneakers for $95 bucks. Not bad. Last night I wore the Ryka TRI Trainer Lady sneaks (picture on the left). They felt pretty good. They are very light, not too much support on the bottom, but good shorter distance running sneaks. I did 4 miles in 39:31. Not very fast, but it felt really good at the end of the run. It helps to run a long distance and then to drop down to your usual distance. Your regular run will feel so much shorter. I have a goal to do 8 miles before the New Year. We have 3 weekends left for me to do it. This weekend I'll run a little farther than 6, maybe close to 7. Then the week after I'll shoot for 8. In between doing 4 mile runs seems like it's working pretty good. I wish it didn't get dark so early though. I could really use a medium run day. I may have to switch over to running at the gym one day a week. Especially if I ever want to run farther than 8 miles. I can't just do 4 miles in between.
I'm going to have to start planting water bottles again as well. And maybe getting the gel packs for longer runs. That really helped last year. I can't wait for the Great Aloha Run! I already signed up and am waiting on my "in training" t-shirt.

No comments: