Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year's Resolutions


Today is the last day of dogsitting. I think I'm actually going to miss having all three dogs around. Titus is going to be extremely happy to have the apartment (and his toys) to himself. He has just finally gotten used to having the other dogs come and cuddle with him, although he is still not all that happy with it. He still goes off to another room after a couple of minutes. Yesterday we took them all to the dog park and tired them out. I'm hoping to get Titus really, really tired tomorrow so he doesn't freak out during the fireworks. He usually gets really excited and barks and shakes. He jumps up on your lap in between sounds. I'm thinking a really long walk and maybe having him swim for a little while before we head over to Hawaii Kai to watch the fireworks show. Luckily that house is far enough away from most fireworks that it's not too bad for him. But, Hawaii does fireworks like I've never seen before. Everybody has their own fireworks and do their own shows from their houses. It's not like New York where all you can have is your little sparkler. We've already been hearing little private fireworks going off, which, every single time upsets the dogs. We're probably going to have to deal with it for a couple of days after New Years while everyone uses up all of the fireworks they bought. It's crazy like a war zone. Not as bad as the first year we were here though. They banned people being able to buy the really high flying fireworks after that year. But, you can still buy all kinds of crazy fireworks. Long story short, people set off fireworks all over the damn place and it freaks my dog out.

Okay New Year's Resolutions.
I met my pre-new year resolution of running 8 miles. I did not learn how to play tennis, but you can only do so much in a few weeks.

My first New Year's goal is to run 10 miles before February 1st. I think I can do it. I just need to be better prepared for the longer runs. Vaseline for the bra chafing. Water bottles set up so I'm not so dehydrated. And a gel energy pack. My new shoes are very nice for running distance.

My second New Year's goal is to lose those pesky last 5 pounds. Maybe 10 by the end of the year to get down to my true weight. But for now 5 pounds. Of course, I also have to lose the 2 I gained over the holidays. I think I can lose 5 by.... the Aloha Run, on February 18.
To meet that goal I have to lose about 1 pound a week until then. It also gives me a little time to screw up if I have a bad week. So my short-term goal is to get back to my pre-holiday weight of 135 by Jan 7. That shouldn't be too hard.
After that, I can lose the next pound, be 134 by Jan. 14. I'll check in with my goals soon.

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

hey try deorderant for under and by the boobs. Sounds crazy but it used to work for me and in between the legs. Josh taught me that. Remember I would get all screwed up if I didn't use it.
Also I hope you finally invested in the $9 socks, they are great.
Oh a solid deorderant.