Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Eating Out

Day 2.  Eating out at restaurants is difficult.  I brought my breakfast and snack with me to our training today, but the group wanted to go to Chili's for lunch.  There were a few salads that I could have gotten away with on the menu, but they were 14 dollars a piece!  For salad?  No way.  I refuse.  So I got the house salad, no dressing.  I forgot to ask for no cheese or croutons, so I just shoved em to the side.  The waitress brought out some lemon and I squeezed that all over the salad.  It was really good, actually.  The most difficult part is looking at the menu.  Restaurant menus make everything look SO good.  I am positive that there was no way to make any of the other menu items paleo or cheaper.  So the house salad was a good choice.  For dinner I had some ground beef with salsa and some leftover coconut milk.  I envisioned it tasting much better than it did.  I think I overdid the coconut milk this past week.  I've put it in just about everything, so I think I was just a little over it.  Luckily that was the end of the can, so I can take a little break and have some more in a week or so.  Went for a walk with the ladies around the Lanikai loop and now I'm feeling like going to sleep. Good night!

2 comments:

Serrissa said...

14 dollar salads are dumb. I get $9 salads sometimes.

Unknown said...

I know right! The house salad was 6 bucks. Highway robbery.