Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Whoopsie!

Just a totally unrelated picture of my dogs, Titus and Gizmo
I ate so awesome yesterday!  I ran with the dogs, snacked on baby carrots and almonds, had meatballs for lunch!  Then came dinner.  Well, really it wasn't so bad.  Dinner itself was steak and an endive barbecued on the grill with parmesian cheese on top.  Quite delicious and filling.  We threw a few banana peppers on the grill as well, just to see what would happen.  It was quite good!  Nathan came home with some fruit to cut up for a fruit salad and I threw a bunch in a glass with some strawberry rum.  And here's where things went downhill a bit.  The darn alcohol made me feel like I really wanted some ice cream and a cookie.  With fudge on top.  Oh well.  After eating that I decided to go to bed rather than raid the fridge for something else.  I'm still doing really well, I don't think I've lost any weight, but I'm swinging the pendulum back to healthy lifestyle.  It's amazing to see how far to the other side I had swung.  Exercising a little bit every day, and eating much better.  I've been through this before.  I have to wait for my body to get used to this then step it up a notch.  Then the body weight starts to drop a bit and I'll do my best to continue eating healthy.  I am starting a 30 day challenge tomorrow because today I have 31 days until the plane leaves for the East Coast.  If anyone's actually reading this, some support and encouragement would be very welcome.  I have been having a hard time keeping myself on track.  It's easier when you're able to be held accountable.  If anything, just drop a note and tell me if you're going to check in or not, then I'll be embarrassed if I say I'm going for it and don't.
I am getting super duper excited about my trip East!  I have a month to be sure that my work is covered and my doggies are well taken care of while I'm gone.  Nathan's mother is coming out here on the 3rd of November, so I'll see her for a few days before I leave.  At least he'll have someone out here with him.

No comments: