Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Just a Sewing

Ate pretty good and did a lot of sewing today.  Actually, first I did a lot of watching youtube videos about sewing.  I spent an embarrasing 2 hours watching someone else sew.  But, it was so cool.  Fascinating.  She sewed like I want to sew, no measuring, lots of folding in half, free hand drawing and sewing up the sides.  Today I made two dashiki- I made a blue one out of some scratch material first, to test the pattern.  I made some adjustments and made the one on the right.  Apparently I still need to make some adjustments because the neck hole ended up being HUGE.  I am definitely going to make some more shirts like this, cause it's super comfortable.  Once I get the neckline done it will be fashionable too.  I made the obi belt as well, the pattern I copied was here.  I'm going to make a bunch of these too.  I really like the way it lookes.  And the one in the pic is just scrap material.  I'm gonna whip up some pants with the same maroon material in a few cause I have some left that I haven't used in a while.
Right now, before I throw together some comfy pants, I'm waiting for the wings a friend gave us to cook in the oven.  It sounds and smells like it's going to be delicious.  I made some rice for Nathan to go on the side.  I hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween, I was a Samurai on Friday, but sadly I have no pictures.  I don't know how that happened.  If somebody ends up posting a pic they took, I'll share that outfit as well.  I sewed the whole thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that
it's really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I'll be grateful if you continue this in future.
Lots of people will be benefited from your
writing. Cheers!
Also visit my web page - meka obi belt yourself