Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Up a Pound

From truhealthquest.com
So I gained a pound, no biggie.  I think that's pretty minimal considering how my weekends used to screw up any weight loss goals I ever had.  The weekends have always been a source of difficulty because there's so much time to snack!  I fought back this weekend by keeping busy- I did crossfit, then cleaned the guest bedroom, then cleaned the wine fridge to sell, made a yummy lobster dinner, watched good tv.  That was Saturday.  Sunday I walked on the beach with Nathan and my doggies, then hiked with Jak, Joanna and Gizmo, blogged a little, went to Savers to look for a Halloween costume, did some grocery shopping, donated some clothing, sewed up a Kimono and made a delicious Steak dinner with a spinach salad on the side.  In between I tried to drink a lot of water.  I still snacked a lot, but at least I had tako poke, almonds, raisins, pickles, and some other dried fruit in the fridge.  It's not a great idea to eat too much dried fruit, but seriously, what's better, satisfying my sweet tooth with some dried dates or caving in to the curly Cheetos in the fridge?  I'm sure that pound came from all the snacking- healthy or not.
Now don't get me wrong.  I need to make this clear- losing and gaining one pound is natural, your body swings back and forth one to two pounds all the time!  So I'm not concerned, I'm just updating.  Also, weight is not the best indicator of your health/fitness/body shape, it's just the easiest and most convenient.  I may have gained a pound, but I'm comfortably wearing a pair of pants today that squeezed my legs and belly a bit last week.  And yes, I wear these pants often, I'm a bit poor these days.
Just as an aside, can I comment for a moment on how freaking hilarious the Lipozene commercials are?  Apparently weight gain is "not your fault!"  It's just due to lack of exercise, poor eating habits, and sitting around all day.  These are the claims of the commercial:
• 78% of each Pound Lost is PURE BODY FAT.
• Lipozene diet pills are backed by multiple clinical studies.
• REDUCE POUNDS of Body Fat and Weight WITHOUT a
change in lifestyle
• Lipozene weight loss supplements are safe and effective
First of all, I want to know what the other 22% of each pound lost consists of.  Second, I want to know when taking care of yourself became someone else's responsibility.  Third, I can't get the voice of the lady, who says, "my husband said, Look at you!" out of my head.  I don't know, watch it for yourself.  But please, please, please do not believe a word they are saying.  There is not a drug that already exists or is going to exist that will take away all of your problems.  Any pill or fad diet that makes you lose weight depends on you continuing to buy and take whatever it is that they are selling.  When you stop taking the pills or drinking the shakes you will gain the weight back plus more.  Trust me, I've been there.  I love infomercials.

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

It't not there fault! LOL! It is totally the person's fault. Weight loss stuff is stupid. I hate seeing the magical commericals. At least I'm smart enough not to buy into that bullshit. Weekends are tough!