Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Get Yo' Mind Right Foo!

The past couple of days have been semi-productive in terms of losing weight/getting back in shape.  I am slowly veering back to health.  Yesterday and this weekend, I opted for mainly paleo food choices, but then had a few beers and a few chocolate cookies.  Yesterday I went to the beach park fully intending to work out on the jungle gym, but as I was walking over to it, a police officer calmly got out of his car and wrote me a parking ticket.  I felt like an idiot because I did not understand the signs.  Apparently you are not allowed to park next to the park.  Anyway, I was upset, walked around a little, then drove home.  I picked up the doggies and walked them to a field nearby.  So overall I did a lot of walking instead of the pullups, dive bombers and planks I had planned.  Not horrible, just slowly easing in.  Tonight I have Tae Kwon Do, so I don't worry that I won't get a good workout today.  I also did a quick walk around the school campus.  I've been drinking more water and in doing so, I now realize how little water I had been drinking previously.  It's amazing how much better you feel with a bit of hydration.
What I have been most focused on is getting my mind in the right space.  The guilt about not eating right or exercising is killer.  It sabotages all of your positive forward motion.  I haven't eaten "clean" the past couple of days, but I'm going in the right direction and I want to keep that motion going.

No comments: