Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Difficult Week Coming

I woke up this morning and weighed 142. That's fine, I tried really hard not to get back up to 145. I did okay this weekend. Played tennis with Ananda Saturday morning and did a strength training workout at home. I tried to keep filling my glass with water and tea so I wouldn't be tempted to drink wine or beer. I did have some wine, but only a small glass.

This week is going to be a challenge. Because it's Christmas week, there are not kickboxing classes. I need to come up with my own workout ideas. Hopefully Ananda will be able to do something this evening, if not I will be headed to the tennis wall on my own. I need to keep my scheduled workout days, I know this from past experience.
The other reason this week is going to be a challenge is that the kids are out of school. That means I have a lot of paper/desk work to do, which means I will be thinking more about food. It won't be too bad if the staff doesn't bring too much snack foods, then I will still just eat what I pack. The there's Christmas Eve and Christmas which traditionally for me always focus around food. I'm going to have to work extra hard this year to make sure that I fill the day with something other than snacking. Hopefully I'll have the energy to do my annual pre-dawn run on Christmas morning. Waking up at 4am on Christmas has so far been a habit I have been unable to break, so last year I went for a run. It was awesome to be out that early on Christmas morning. Then Nate can sleep in.
This week I would like to see the scale dip below 140. I think I can get it to do that. It will mean that I have truly changed my set point.

This week: Tonight- tennis, tomorrow- jump rope at school/work, Wednesday- off, Thursday- morning run/walk, Friday-jump rope, Saturday- tennis in the morning.

Food goal for this week: I started to read the Best Life Diet book. I do like the idea of not eating 2 hours before bed. I am going to work on that goal this week and continue to drink tea, which by the way, has been very helpful.

No comments: