Pages

Friday, December 5, 2008

The Weekend

I'm writing now at the end of my workday before I go home because this is the time of the week that I start to backslide. I weighed in at 143 this morning Woohoo! which is great and two pounds down from where I started (145). However, I can't celebrate too early. The weekend is when I struggle the most. Usually it starts with wine or a few beers on Friday night because, well, it's Friday night and that's what you do right? Then Saturday mornings I usually get up early and eat a good breakfast before I play tennis with Ananda, but then after that... Well, it gets ugly. For some reason weekend lunches are huge. And fatty. Or greasy. And delicious. This is what I am going to avoid this weekend. I want the scale to read 143 or less on Monday. Usually I will get to 143 and then Monday we're back to 145. This has happened for several weeks in a row now.
My plan to conquer the weekend weight gain:

Tonight- A glass of wine is acceptable, it is Friday after all. However, I'm going to combat it with my water bottle. I used to have a rule that I had to pound a glass of water in between each alcoholic drink. Surprisingly, or I guess not really surprisingly when you think about it, I drink very little alcohol because I'm full. And I feel so much better in the morning.

Lunch tomorrow- tuna fish. Maybe if I plan it out now, I will not be thinking about all of the wonderful other things I could be eating. In fact, I am going to wip up the tuna fish with mustard tonight so it's ready for me tomorrow.

In fact I should plan out my whole day's worth of food when I go home tonight. I should decide what my snack will be around 10, what my lunch will be, snack again and dinner. If I plan it while I'm not hungry maybe I will be better off. I'll post this weekend if this is succesful or not.

Exercise- hopefully Ananda will be up to tennis tomorrow, I know she's been really busy. If not, I'll hit the wall later along with 20 pushups on the court and one round of jump roping.

Sunday- I'll plan my food tomorrow night or tonight if I am up to it. I will either hike with Nate or take the dogs on a long walk.

I need to plan ahead and get over this plateau, it's driving me nuts and I don't want to give up. Kickboxing has really helped, but today I'm sore so it makes me want to just lay down. Having the dogs helps too because I go home and immediately take them for a walk instead of sitting in front of the tv. Okay, I will check in later. Here's to seeing 143 or lower on the scale Monday morning!

No comments: