Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oh Saturday!

Saturday, why would you do this to me? You tempt me with your time to sleep in and your alcohol and abundant meals of high fat deliciousness.

So Saturday did not go as well as planned. I have to say the planning of lunch on Friday was a huge success, I got home from work, made dinner and mixed some tuna fish for the next day. Saturday morning Ananda didn't wake up in time for tennis, so I gave myself a pass instead of sticking to my plan. Then I had some sausage with my eggs. Not too horrible, but again, not sticking to the plan. Then lunch was perfect because I had planned ahead. I had a half of a bagel with tuna fish and cheddar cheese melt. I used mustard instead of mayonnaise. After lunch however, things went horribly wrong. Our neighbors had planned on a Thanksgiving dinner get together since our first attempt got rained out. So I made my foldovers and brussel sprouts and pigged out with my neighbors at the barbecue area. I also had a beer and several glasses of wine.
Sunday I felt slightly nauseous and out of it, which translated into eating more than normal at breakfast. I had chili and chips for lunch, and then for dinner we had crab legs that we had in our freezer and rice and asparagus. Not too bad of a dinner except for the butter we dipped the crab in. And I had another glass of wine. Oh, and a huge bowl of Ben and Jerry's ice cream with chocolate sauce. Oops.
Today started out much better. I weighed in at just a smidgeon under 145. Damn weekends. I ate my usual two eggs, had a banana for a snack, half of a ham sandwich with mustard for lunch, and I just ate a healthy version of the instant oatmeal. Great filling snack actually. Tonight the plan for dinner is steak, leftover brussel sprouts from Saturday, and potatoes. After that I have kickboxing.

2 comments:

Arin said...

Ah the weekend, the brutal weekend. I ate steak with blue cheese fondue for craps sake!!

You can do it Mary, and I love the idea of planning ahead. It helps me to plan it out too - and I may have to start doing that for myself on the weekend.

Serrissa said...

weekends are killer! but now i am off school every day is a weekend.