Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

Met my goal!

This week I did really well. I have to give myself a pat on the back. I had a 3-day training at the beginning of the week, but luckily the DOE no longer budgets for lunch at our trainings. Trainings used to mean buffet style lunch. We had to either go buy lunch down the road or bring, so I decided to bring my lunch. There was only a few other people who brought, so we got to talking and one of my co-workers was talking about getting healthier so I suggested we walk for lunch the following day. Nate and I also planned out our dinners.
I had kickboxing on Monday, and it was one of the most exhausting workouts I've ever done. Literally pouring sweat off of my forehead. I didn't exercise Tuesday and Wednesday, but then I had an incredibly exhausting kickboxing workout on Thursday again. We were doing pushups and situps, kicking, punching and then in between we were rotating onto this pilates type machine that you lay on and do pushups or pullups. On Tuesday I weighed 142 and this morning I weighed 140. I'm motivated to plan for the weekend so I don't backslide. I really need to do some kind of workout over the weekend, a run or speed walk or something. Unfortunately, there is no kickboxing classes next week due to the holidays, so I'm going to have to make sure I plan in exercise. After that Myia will be here and hopefully she will motivate me to get off my ass a few extra times and I will break the 140 mark.
I think one of the things that really helped me this last week was the one extra workout I did on Sunday. Before then I was just kind of maintaining- working out hard, but eating too much. I went for a run on Sunday and did some pushups at my turnaround point. I think it helped keep my metabolism up and I was able to lose just a little. So my goal for this weekend is to get in that extra workout again.

When I get home I need to plan out the meals for the weekend. I think it would be smart to stop at a store on the way home and get lunch meat or something.
Workouts- Tomorrow tennis, Sunday- hiking or running.

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

Hey that's so great. I am doing terrible. Went out a drank a lot of beer and ate really badly this week. I even ate a McDonald's for breakfast! Holy cow, McDonald's did some remodeling. It's been a few years since I been in side one. Looked totally different.
So now I have to count calories all week if I want to drop any weight before I get there. I have been over my normal weight with all the holiday food at work. Candy and chocolate. It's everywhere. Damn holidays.
It's been -3 and -4 out so I haven't been running or going to the gym. It's so so so so freakin cold. It sucks.
Hopefully tomorrow I will get to the gym and run 5 miles so I can make my goal before I come to Hawaii.
Yeah I want to run and be active when I am there. I know it has been raining a lot out there though. We will have to work with what we got.