Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Working Out, But Eating Trash

So I went to Kickboxing class last night. That's right, I paid my good money to have the right to punch and kick for an hour. It is a very fun class. Last night there was a lot of jumping rope, pushups and some kind of pushup-kick out-roll around move that made me feel very tough. We do a lot of situps and actually got to kick the punching bags. Makes you feel very tough at the time and very sore the next day. However, it's not enough. I really need to evaluate my dinner time intake. I have been able to get a handle on my workday snacking. I pack my lunch, including snacks, and have been eating very well actually through the workday. However, the weekends and dinner time are really screwing me up. For instance, at this moment, I am drinking a beer. I am making a commitment that it is my last for tonight, but man, just one beer is such a waste of precious calories. I could have had a bowl of ice cream instead! So now I guess I have to avoid the ice cream later as well. So this week my goal needs to be watching my dinner/evening time calorie intake. I can certainly do without the beer and the ice cream.

1 comment:

Serrissa said...

All this running is totally motivating me :)
I have been eating better and less.